Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A New Name

It is official. We have pulled out of the China program. We have been on the fence about this decision for a long time, but within this last month we made it final. Once we got Carly, we knew the wait time was still a long time out, and we still wanted to adopt from China so we thought we would wait a bit more and then decide down the road. As December approached, we knew we would either have to pull out or go through the re-certification process again....which means paying for updating our paper work and getting new prints. We now feel that our family is complete. We believe that the Lord used China as a detour to get Carly. Had it not been for China, we would have never received a call for Carly. We got our little girl, just not the way we thought it would happen.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

That is a verse the Lord clearly spoke to me during this adoption process. Several months before we got the call for Carly, we had been put on the "waiting child" list for special needs with our agency. I knew once we were on this list, then a phone call could come at any day. One night I had gone to bed thinking over and over in my head all the possible scenarios of when we could travel and even trying to figure out the age of our little girl when we get her(I know, sounds crazy...that is why this verse was so clear in my dream). I woke up with only remembering this verse and a voice speaking in my dream saying over and over "May. Just wait til May". Of course, when I woke that morning I right away thought...that's it! We are traveling in May. Well, long story short, Carly was born May 13th.

This adoption process has been one filled with excitement, tears, waiting, doubt, more waiting, worry, surprises, faith, lots of paper work, joy and a wonderful outcome! The Lord reminded me through this time..."For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

In just a few days 2010 will come to an end and with that our adoption journey too (unless the Lord has other plans to grow our family). We will welcome in 2011 and I cant wait to see what the Lord has in store for us. So with all that being said, I have changed our blog name.

No comments: