Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Our Fourth

Our day started out with dropping off Connor at his school for summer camp. There he met up with at least 100 other Jr. High kids and together they left for the cool outdoors of Williams Az...near Flagstaff. It was a bit strange for us, mom and dad, to leave him and have reality set in big time...we have a Jr. Higher!! Below I will attach a video of the camp where he is at for the week....makes me wish I was a kid again.

We then headed over to Tim and Tanya's and rather than a bbq, since it was too hot to do that, we did sub sandwiches. We did some swimming but I have to say it wasn't too refreshing since the water temp. was that of bath water. But none the less, we had fun. At dark, Tanya and I took Kaitlyn, Carter and Hannah to the park to watch the fireworks. This was Kaitlyn's first time celebrating the fourth here in America. So to see her experience the firework show was great. I had to laugh at the fact that there we sat on the grass at 8:30 pm and the temp was still a 100 degrees and we were sweat'n.....I have to say, I do miss celebrating this holiday in Washington.

Once again, I did not get as many pictures as I would have liked but here are a few.










Here is where Connor is at this week. The camp is put on by Young Life. Be sure to turn off the music below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Carter and Carly together. So cute, the both of them.