Wednesday, October 29, 2008

So Proud!

That is exactly what we are of Connor and Carter. First quarter at school came to an end and the grades are out. Drum roll.....Connor made Principal's List AND...so did Carter!

For Carter this is a huge accomplishment. School does not come as easy for Carter as it does Connor. Carter has many challenges and there have been many times he just wants to quit but we keep encouraging him, telling him we are so proud of him and that he can do it. When he received his award from his teacher he told me that he almost cried! I told him that it's ok to cry. They're happy tears. He knows himself what receiving this award means. It means he did not give up and he can do it. He too is so proud of himself.

As I write this I have happy tears. When you have a child with special needs, it's easy to limit your expectations for them. But today I am reminded of what Nurse Rita (the school nurse from Carter's pre-school, who back then was little, frail and so sweet, and I'm sure was in her 80's) said to me on Carter's last day of pre-school. She said "I know that one day, in years to come, Carter will surprise us all." She knew Carter when he was only 3 and 4 years old and yet knew then that Carter would exceed all of our expectations......and I agree. He already has. And God is still working in Carter and Connor and I know He's not done yet.

How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!
So, way to go Connor and Carter! We are so proud of you!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Woo hoo! That is awesome! And how wonderful that he has such loving, supportive and encouraging parents.

drea said...

That is an great story!! Thanks for sharing, Congratulations Boys!!

Cheri said...

Lorraine, can you e-mail me your e-mail address so that I can add you to Lia's blog? My e-mail is under my user profile. Thanks.

Sheri - the patient one said...

Hi Lorraine

We have met some of the most wonderful people through our blog. We would be humbled to have you use our words regarding birth mothers and to celebrate Nat'l Adoption Month.

I just breezed through you blog and saw that all your children are adopted and read the story about Carly. That is amazing!

I would love to chat more - about domestic adoption when you have time
my email is sheribublitz@cox.net.

Tim and Tanya said...

Way to to Connor and Carter! Your Auntie Tanya is so proud of you!! Keep up the awesome work!