Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day


I had a wonderful Mother's Day! I love being a mom. I love being home everyday and doing mom things. There is no other job I would rather have. I have the best three children ever and I thank the Lord for them! I also have the best mom ever!! I'm thankful for her being there for me and most of all, that she loves the Lord and has taught me of His love and grace.

To quickly recap our day.....in the morning we went to Tim and Tanya's church for Kaitlyn's dedication. Afterwards, we all gathered at their house for brunch and, of course, a swim in their pool. This time Carly got in (2 weeks ago the water was still a bit too cold) and she loved it! I knew she would since she loves her bath time and gets upset when I take her out. The temp here has reached the 100's so the pool was very refreshing!


I have one cute thing to share. One of the best things about Mother's Day is receiving those gifts that the kids make at school. Well, Carter made a card for me and it had some *fill-in-the-blanks* statements. Here is what one statement read about me...... My mom is as beautiful as peas. Wow! Thank you Carter!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Peas? Really?? Just when I think I've got a handle on how Carter's little mind operates, he goes and says something like that. Peas. Who on earth could think that up but Carter? I'm sure it make perfect sense to him when he thought of it.