Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thankful!

Today is Carly's FIRST birthday! Wow! How can that be already? Like every birthday with each of my children, I think back to the day they were born and "re-live" in my head the events that took place that special day. As I think of Carly's birth day, I remember the many different emotions I experienced that day. Something I was not really expecting or ready for. Today though, is different. I sit here and am still filled with *awe* over this precious little girl (something that will never change), but if I had to choose one word to sum up how I feel right now, it would be thankful. I am thankful for this precious gift the Lord gave to us one year ago today. Thankful that the Lord had chosen us to be the parents for this baby girl. I am thankful for her mother who selflessly placed her baby into my arms and put the needs of her baby girl ahead of her own. I am thankful for all our family and friends, near and far, who surrounded us with love, words of encouragement, prayers and support during that time. I am thankful for Carly!

So about Carly.... Carly has brought so much joy to our family and we love seeing her personality come out more and more. She is a *ham* and she knows it! She loves to play peek-a-boo, blow kisses, wave good-bye and talk to everyone. She is standing alone but not yet walking. She loves to eat and I haven't found anything yet she doesn't like. She loves to share her food with the dog too...and of course Cooper loves that! She has the best two big brothers and she lights up when they enter the room. She truly is a joy!

We are celebrating Carly's birthday this Sunday, so stay tuned...lots of pictures to come.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow! Isn't it amazing how much they have changed in a year? Happy Birthday, sweet baby girl!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see her birthday pictures. She's such a doll baby.

I've said it before and it's as true as ever - I still can't think of how Carly came to be a part of the family without tears coming to my eyes. What a beautiful, precious, unexpected gift she was and continues to be. I look forward to watching her grow over the years.

drea said...

I love all the pictures. This post makes me cry of course!! I just am so blessed by adoption and you are too!! God is so good.
May he bless you and your family. She is such a precious addition to your family. Can't wait to see Claire.